Thursday, October 9, 2014

Other Uses for Books

We all use books for things other than reading, right?  Like end tables or bookmarks while reading other books.  I've discovered a new use, but now you'll all know what an awful housekeeper I am and how lazy I am.  I prefer to think I'm innovative.

Our top bed sheet always come out of the dryer with the top edge crumpled.  I think ironing sheets is a ridiculous waste of time, although I had to iron pillowcases at home.  But this top edge was annoying me.  So one day when I put clean sheets on the bed, I looked at the chunkster books on my bedside table and a little light went on.  Hey, it works quite well!  Top edge nice and smooth!


Do you have any unusual uses for books?

6 comments:

  1. No, no unusual uses for books. But I have sheet that has a top like that too and I never iron it. Now I know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold star for creative use of books! Sometimes I make my own mailing envelopes out of creative paper like old calendar pages, and I will stack a few heavy books on top while the glue sets. I also use books to prop up a book I am reading while having lunch. But those aren't quite so interesting as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it was a brilliant idea, too! Instead of ironing, I have more time for reading! I like your ideas, too. Aren't books amazing?!

      Delete
  3. Great idea, I don't iron sheets either. At the moment I'm using books to prop up a kitchen cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness you have many books to keep that cabinet up! See how useful books can be?! And some people think you can have too many.

      Delete