Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Turtle (A Box Turtle?)

This is a post apropos of nothing.  One of my grandnieces will be two on Sunday.  I bought her a few things (books, Solmate mismatched socks, and a Jellycat stuffed hedgehog) and dug out a box to ship them to Manhattan in.  While my back was turned, Turtle decided she liked her new house.  I thought I might have to ship her off to NY with the gifts, but she finally got tired of the box and I grabbed it and packed it and took it off to the post office.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely photo. My Phoebe's partial to an empty cardboard box too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do like any little hiding places, don't they. I used to swear that one of our cats could evaporate. We could look for her everywhere and just when we had decided that she's somehow gotten out of the house (very unlikely), she'd come strolling into the room.

      I think it's almost impossible to take a bad photo of an animal, especially a cat!

      Delete
  2. Turtle is beautiful! What is it with cats and boxes? Mine love them too. At least I never really have to buy them expensive toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, what you said about toys. We have a big basket full of toys we bought our numerous cats over the years. Turtle occasionally roots through it and picks out a favorite. But she gets so excited if she finds just a leaf on the rug!

      Delete
  3. Cats and toddlers, just give them boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or closets. I used to hide in a cabinet when I was a child, like a little mouse house. I suppose cats and kids feel secure in small, dark places - as long as they're not claustrophobic.

      Delete