Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Murder of Mary Russell - Laurie R. King


I've finished a few books since last I posted, but I haven't felt like posting.  Too many trying things going on.  I thought I should at least post about this book, The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King.  I like the series, although there was at least one that left me cold.

The Murder of Mary Russell starts out with Mary alone in their house.  A man comes to the door and says he's looking for Mrs. Hudson.  Mary's uneasy about him, something doesn't feel right.  As she returns from getting tea, he confronts her with a gun.

Mrs. Hudson and Holmes return to find Mary gone and blood on the floor.  What has happened to Mary?

The book then tells Mrs. Hudson's backstory  -  which, for me, went into too much detail and went on too long.  That's about the first 1/3 of the book.  I resorted to skimming.  I got the idea, Mrs. Hudson and her relationship to Holmes were not what we thought.  Her past has come back to haunt her  -  and Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment