Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Dear Departed - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles


I forgot to write about this book before I went on vacation.  Now, with several books between, I'm a little fuzzy.  However, I liked the book.  This is odd because I read one of the Bill Slider books a while ago and noted that I thought it was silly.  Were the books so different or was I?

A young woman everyone adores is murdered in the park.  At first, she seems to have been the victim of a serial killer.  But then the police realize that the method of murder was different.  Bill Slider and his department are assigned to the crime.

Charlotte (Chattie) Cornfeld's father is a rich businessman, but she never tells anyone she's related to him.  He owns a company that makes pharmaceuticals.  Although he's given her money in the past, she's trying to make it on her own.  She also has two stepsisters because her father's been married three times, her mother being the second wife.

Chattie has been working with a band and sleeping with two members of the band.  One accepts her casual and non-committal attitude toward relationships, the other is wildly jealous.  Could he be the killer?  Or is something else going on?

I liked the characters and the plot.  I don't understand why I didn't like the previous Bill Slider book I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment